AREAS OF WORK
- Discussions with the exporter and visit to study the present packaging
system and collect other details for pack development.
- The selected product varieties will be studied in the laboratory
for their basic parameters such as IMC, CMC and sorption isotherm.
- Based on the product characteristics to identify 3 to 4 suitable packaging
materials and evaluate their basic physico-chemical properties
such as :
- Heat Seal Strength
- Tensile Strength
- To conduct shelf-life studies of the above
products in the selected flexible packaging materials. For shelf-life
studies any one form,
from one of the three identified products would be selected.
- The shelf-life
studies would be conducted by filling and sealing the products in pouches
made from the selected packaging materials and
exposing them to accelerated conditions of 38 Deg. C. +/- 1 Deg. C.
and 90% R.H. +/- 2% R.H. and to standard conditions of 27 Deg. C +/-
C., 65% R.H. +/- 2% R.H. for a period of 4 months and 12 months respectively.
product would be packed in ordinary manner, vacuum packed and/or gas
flushed as considered appropriate.
- To draw samples from the exposed
lots at regular intervals of time and assess the keeping quality
of the product w.r.t. the critical parameters.
Any changes in packaging
materials would also be studies.
- To tabulate the results obtained and
determine the shelf-life of the products at standard and accelerated
conditions in the 3 to 4 selected
- To work out dimensional details for the consumer
packs of 100 grams and 200 grams (or any two suitable capacities).
Graphics not included.
Graphic design is not included since these relate to the targeted country
and the consumers. We recommend this study to be undertaken at the
- To draw specification details for flexible consumer packs.
- To develop
transport pack for suitable number of consumer packs and draw specification
details. Pallet/container modularity to be considered
- To develop a suitable bulk packaging system for the
products (exporters to specify any 2 suitable capacities), and draw
- To work out cost details of the recommended packaging
systems. Consumer pack, transport pack for consumer packs and bulk
- To present the findings of the study to APEDA/exporters.
- To prepare
a final report and submit to APEDA supported by drawings and prototypes